Extruded Profiles : Extruded Profiles
Hollow Spliced O-Rings
Parker Offers Improved Splicing Capability for Solid and Hollow Profile Seals
Darcoid works with Parker’s JBL Division precision extrusion and spliced products offer an ideal, cost-effective sealing solution for many applications. These include low-closure force seals, large diameter profiles that cannot be molded, hollow cross-section cord or requirements for non-standard O-rings and other extruded profiles with an inside diameter larger than 2.500 inches.
Product Capability: The JBL Division’s splicing and fabrication capabilities continue to expand:
- Cross-sections: .040” to 1.00
- Spliced I.D.'s 2.500” and larger
Durometer’s range from 40 to 90 Shore A
Darcoid offers an almost unlimited variation of cross-section profiles. Shown above are only a few of the more common extruded profile configurations currently available.
Markets and Potential Applications
• Outdoor Electronics & Communications Enclosures
• Electronic Equipment Transit Cases
Handheld Electronics & Communication Devices
•Power Generation Plants
•Low-closure Force Sealing Requirements
•Non-Standard O-rings & Hollow O-rings with I.D.’s greater than 2.500
Features and Advantages of Spliced Products
1. Superior hot vulcanization capability (High bond integrity).
2. No tooling required for standard O.D. / I.D. combinations.
3. Exclusive use of quality, sealing-grade materials.
4. Ease of adjusting closure force by adjustment of cross-section design, C/S I.D. or durometer.
5. Hollow cross-sections are excellent replacements for foam or sponge gaskets, offering superior compression set resistance.
6. Interference-fit designs with asymmetrical solid or hollow cross-sections for ease of assembly in seal grooves without adhesives or mechanical retainers.
7. Low-cost option for static face or radial face seal O-rings over 2.500” I.D.
8. Can be used in non-standard grooves.